Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Difficult Conversation

Jane and Megan have been best friends their whole life. They grew up together and were inseparable up until last year. At the beginning of last year, Megan got a boyfriend and to Jane, it seemed like Megan had forgotten about her. After a couple of months of Megan barely talking to Jane, she decided to confront Megan about it.
Jane: Hey Megan, can I talk to you for a sec?
Megan: Sure! What's up?
Jane: Well I've noticed recently ever since you got your boyfriend that we haven't been hanging out as often as we used to. I'm happy for you because I know you're happy with him but I feel like you don't have time for me anymore. When I try talking to you you never seem to ask me about what's going on in my life and I can't help but feel that you don't care about our friendship anymore.
Megan: Ugh Jane I KNEW you would act like this! You're just jealous because I have a boyfriend and you don't.
Jane: Are you kidding me?! Jealous of him?! That's hilarious. Wow typical Megan, always has to turn the situation around and make me the bad guy.
Megan: TYPICAL MEGAN?! How about typical Jane who is always jealous of me and can never just be happy for me.
Jane: I told you I was happy for you. This isn't about the fact that you got a boyfriend it's about the fact that you don't make time for me anymore. I'm supposed to be your best friend. And if you can't see that, then I guess our friendship means nothing to you.
Megan: I try to make time for you Jane it's just really hard balancing school and friends at once.
Jane: And yet you still have time to be with your boyfriend? Maybe it'd be better off if we just weren't friends.
Megan: Fine.
Jane: Fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment